Using the advice I recently received from House Full of Searls ...
Last week, I attempted to be more aware of how much money
I spent at the grocery store & attempted to be more prepared
when it came to dinners at home!
So, last weekend I:
- Took inventory of what I had available in my kitchen and pantry.
- Made a list (who doesn't love a cute list!) of dinners for the entire week. It looked something like this...
- M...Spaghetti with meatballs & garlic bread
- T... Grilled cheese with tomato soup (kids choice)
- W... Shredded chicken tacos (a staple in our house!)
- Th...Left over night- perfect since I had to work late for P/T conferences
- F...Mashed potatoes & gravy with chicken strips (kids choice)
- I only failed one night when I got sucked into getting carry out by my 2 oldest kids! On the other nights don't worry- I do toss in some veggies and/or fruit too :)
- Made another list (yeah!) of what I really needed to buy at the store to make it through one week.
- Tried my hardest to follow that list while I was at the store. I did pretty good.... only spent $73!
My goal is to do this again for the upcoming week.
To Be Continued :)