Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Iced Coffee Recipe

What really happens in the nurse's office?
This time I year I begin to remember the warm summer days
that I miss so much & a very yummy iced coffee that I miss too!
Last summer I became highly addicted aware of my want for
caffeine!  Although I was saving on daycare expenses
(yes, I have the majority of the summer months off!)
I was also spending a lot going out nearly daily to buy iced coffee!
So, instead of missing the yummy iced coffee I decided to make some!

I began a quest to find an easy recipe and try to make my own! 
After several tries I found just what I was looking for right here.!
I make a smaller version of the recipe I found
& have loved it ever since!!

It is so simple....
Ingredients:

3/4 cups ground coffee
6 cups water
1 small can sweetened condensed milk
Directions:
  • Mix the coffee groups with 3 Cups water, stir, cover, and let the mixture sit out on your counter over night (or about 10 hours).  I put mine in a pretty glass pitcher & cover.

  • Then I put my mesh coffee strainer with a filter on top of my empty coffee pot & pour the above mixture through the filter.  It takes a little while, but it is worth the wait :)

  • Lastly, you have a coffee concentrate... add 3 Cups water & one can sweetened condensed milk!  Mix together, pour a glass over ice & enjoy!

Refrigerate the remainder.
Best served really cold :)
It is so delicious & easy to make :)

Because I'm not always the best about taking pictures for posts I had to use
this random picture I found somewhere online... Still looks good though, doesn't it?!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...