Sunday, March 3, 2013

Inspired to Plan

Inspired to Plan and Make another List :)

a personal post...

 
I am always inspired by Melissa @ House Full of Searls
who is wonderful about making a monthly menu plan,
cooking at home, offering recipes to try, and her frugal tips!
 
Today I had an extra 45 minutes to myself (!)
and decided to actually go through my freezer and cabinets
and do a quick food inventory.
I know- 45 minutes to myself and I worked in my kitchen... super exciting!
Then, I made a grocery list and actually followed it
(with about 97% accuracy!) which is great for me.
I didn't use any coupons, but I shopped at Aldi
and am always pleased with my experience there :)
 

Here is what I came up with for dinner meals for the next 13 days or so:

1. taco bar (had all of this already)
2.  fish & shrimp with rice and a veggie (had all of this already)
3.noodles with meat sauce and garlic bread with veggie (only had to buy the bread)
4.  Italian Sub with leftover Cheese Soup- (only had to buy things for the subs)
5.  Lazy Day Casserole (only had to buy the meat)
we've had #4 and #5 before and the family found them yummy!
 recipes found on Pinterest-
click on links above and feel free to follow me :) - Elisabeth Barclay
6. tomato soup and grilled cheese- a kids favorite!
7.  PTO dinner- we bought spaghetti dinners from the kids' PTO fundraiser
8.  several nights of leftovers
9. several night of frozen pizza- usually for our really busy nights-
like when 2 out of 3 kids both have activities for 2-2 1/2 hours a night!
 
I hope this planning helps me make dinner for my family!
I think it helped my grocery shopping bill!
I only spend $147 and that included a bag of diapers too!
This week I did all of my shopping at a local brand new Aldi near my house!

PS I love Aldi!

 
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking back to my blog :) We are having the Cheese soup and the Italain Subs this month too! I think I will add the Lazy Day Casserole to the menu plan, I needed one more casserole to have this month. I Aldi also and do 60% of my shopping there. I am also loving the new Costco.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I love Costco too but tend to overbuy when I shop there :(

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...