I can't believe it is the end of September already!
This school year is off and running!
Here are a few things I'm working on...
- Vision & Hearing Screenings- I try to finish all of my vision and hearing screenings (all 188) within the first few months of school. My goal is to have them all done by the end of November. I have the equipment set up in my office so I can quickly screen as time allows.
- Domain & Consent Paperwork- These are items that are ongoing throughout the entire school year. I have an old-school hand written list that I use to track the names of upcoming meetings and the date I need to have the online paperwork completed by. This system seems to work well for me.
- Concussions- We've come up with a good set of concussion protocols and are learning to work together with teachers and coaching staff to implement them.
- Standing Orders / Physician Directed Nursing Protocols- I appreciate having these on file every school year. I'm in the processing of updating them :)
- Reading- In my off time I've enjoyed some reading! I've finished 8 books this month- 2385 pages total to add to our staff reading log!
I would love to hear about what you have going on in your office- what is on your to-do list?
Do you need any help or suggestions on how to improve your practice? Please let me know :)