Monday, July 11, 2011

Glucagon Training Items


I usually try to use my summer time to prepare for a great start for the upcoming school year.  This summer I've put together a training sequence for all of our bus drivers!  Very exciting...All of the bus drivers are going to receive a basic first aid power point presentation- complete with handouts and instructions on how to handle different health/medical situations that may occur during their bus route.

Also, there are a handful of drivers with students who have Type 1 Diabetes on their buses.  Those drivers are getting a more in depth education on how to treat severe low blood sugar.  In doing my research I've found some very useful tools that I wanted to share with the rest of you....

For a free Glucagon training kit you can call Lily @ 1-800-545-5979.  I've already requested my free training kit but haven't received it yet.  I've read online that some of the kits come with an educational DVD- we'll see.  I was given this resource by a friend whose young son has Diabetes.  The nice gal at Lily referred me to the below training video (how nice!),

Here is the site for the free online  Glucagon Training Video!                      
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...